Home-Start Harwich is rooted in the local community we serve and has been successfully supporting families and volunteers for over 25 years. Our organisation aims to give children the best possible start in life by befriending and supporting parents as they grow in confidence, strengthening their relationships with their children and widening their links to the community.
Home-Start Harwich offers a range of services across Harwich and surrounding areas. These include:
- Six family support groups
- Parenting projects
- 1-1 home visiting
- Events and volunteer support and training
Home-Start Harwich has developed over time and continues to develop to meet the needs of our families and community. Although we are proud of the everchanging evolution of our charity, there are key values which remain at the heart of our organisation.
- We listen to and understand our families to enable us to meet the needs of each individual.
- We support and empower parents in a non-judgemental way to reach their full potential.
- We invest time to recruit and train local volunteers who can share real-life experiences.
Current groups provided
Across North-East Essex, two independent charities, Home-Start Harwich and Home-Start Colchester, adopted the Home-Start Agreement and both are working in close partnership to deliver services across the entire North-East Essex quadrant.
Home-Start Harwich specifically covers
- The Oakley’s